Hands-on Training that's Exciting and Fun!
Private Instruction Available
Want some one-on-one instruction to go over the basics, hone your shooting skills, or learn something new?
At A & S, our NRA qualified instructors are looking forward to sharing their experience and enthusiasm with you!
½ Hour Sessions from beginner to advanced.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Don’t own a pistol? Want to try different firearms? A & S has a great selection of rental guns for your shooting fun.
Contact us today to learn more.
At least we think so, and we hope you’ll agree. We offer popular NRA Firearms Training and Safety Classes featuring both classroom and hands-on training.
Men, women, and children 12 and over (accompanied by an adult) are welcome. (Hint to the ladies, you often pay better attention and learn to shoot more accurately than the guys!)
This five hour class provides you with the basic knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for owning and operating a pistol safely.
The Saturday class is one 5 hour
The Tuesday/Thursday class is two 2 ½ hour sessions.
Course Prerequisite: No previous shooting experience required.
Learn How to Shoot from an NRA Certified Instructor, with Training in:
- Gun Safety
- Types of Pistols
- Pistol Operation
- How to Clean a Pistol
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Ammunition Types
- How to Select a Pistol
- Storage & Transportation
This course is designed for first time and beginner shooters. However, the lessons taught serve as an excellent refresher course for the more experienced shooter. This class will include both classroom and live shooting instruction. All materials, firearms, ammunition, and safety apparel are included.
With the completion of this course, receive a FREE one-month Range membership (a $35.00 value). This FREE membership must be activated within six months of completing this class.
Excellent course. Informative. Answers all questions.
Anytime we were able to handle or demonstrate something,
We Learned. Loved being able to shoot different guns.
Because of this course, I now have more confidence in my
ability to handle any handgun safely.
I thought I knew a decent amount about guns before taking
this course, but boy was I wrong. So much great and useful
information was presented.
The class is packed with information. I personally took this
class so that I would be able to choose the perfect ‘carry’ gun
for me. I have several friends and clients that I will refer to
A & S to take this class.
- Basic Class Reviews
Class begins at 8:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch.
Course Prerequisite: Basic Pistol Shooting Class
Your NRA qualified instructor covers equipment, techniques, tactics, and potential implications of armed self defense.
Learn Personal Protection, with Training in:
- Defensive Shooting Safety
- Mental Awareness of Danger
- Defensive Shooting concepts & skills
- Mental & Physical response to danger
- Alternative Aiming Techniques
- Utilizing cover & Concealment
- Strategies for Making Your Home Safer
- Firearms, Self-Defense, and the Law
- Confronting an Intruder or Attacker
- The Aftermath of a Defensive Shooting
This class will include both classroom and live shooting instruction. All manuals, classroom materials, and range time are included in the class.
You will need to bring the following items to class:
- A quality firearm with a holster and/or a gun bag
- Magazines – autos need 2 or more mags and revolvers need 1 or more speed loaders
- Eye and ear protection (recommended eye protection should wrap around or have side shields)
- A minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition
Glad we talked about a plan for protecting my home and
family because, honestly, I had not thoroughly thought that
out prior to this class. Thank you.
Loved the course especially the hands on defensive shooting
drills and the State Police explanations involving self-defense
Made me think about a ‘plan of action’ and ‘safe room’ in
case a situation does occur. Both instructors were great. I
already recommended A & S to my friends!! Thank you for
being so nice!!
One word to describe this course…Awesome!
- NRA PPIH Class Reviews
Class begins at 6:00 pm and ends at 9:00 pm.
1. Basic Pistol Shooting Class required.
2. Must be proficient in safe gun handling skills with YOUR own firearm.
Hands-on training in the following areas:
- Safety: loading, unloading and holster use
- Awareness: Mental aspect for street and home defense
- Fundamentals: Grip, stance, trigger control, flash sight picture, drawing and re-holstering, strong hand and weak hand shooting, fast accurate first shot, controlled accurate rapid fire, speed vs. tactical, reloading, drills for fun and practice.
- Equipment Selection: Guns, holsters, belts, magazine pouches, speed loader holders, and modifications.
The course will start with approximately 2 hours of classroom time, plus 1 hour in the Range with live fire training.
You will need to bring the following items to complete the class:
- A quality firearm with at least one extra magazine or one speed loader
- Magazine pouch or speed loader pouch
- A strong sided holster that one can re-holster easily one handed without looking
- Eye and ear protection (eye protection must be wrap around or have side shields)
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition (NO magnum loads or rimfire)
- Comfortable clothing
Excellent course! I would highly recommend.
- CCI Class Review